Thursday, February 12, 2009

Requiem for a Dream

So....after watching The Wrestler a few days ago and being thoroughly blown away. I realized I needed to watch Darren Aronfsky's early masterpiece Requiem for a Dream. This movie is legendary for being beyond memorable. And for good reason. But....as I write this all I can say is I'm speechless. It is so unbelievably hard hitting. It makes "addiction" look about as fun as medieval torture. I can't even write. I just feel numb right now. It is so effective. If you've never seen it, its one of the only movies I've ever seen where I just had to close my eyes and feel the pain of the film. It takes you places you don't want to go. It's truly horrific. Awful. And the message is so powerful. So, when I say his new film the Wrestler is amazing and human, what I mean to say, is its good but it is nothing compared to the epic horror reality of Requiem.

The theme song sums up the intensity and feel of the film. It is rare that a soundtrack can accomplish that, but when it does.....that's a perfect movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment