Sunday, May 10, 2009

"Nurses" and "Explode Into Color"

I saw two of Portland's finest bands last night at Berbati's for FREE. It was totally awesome. Even though I went by myself. I rocked out. Nurses, are a strange three piece, that plays almost child like pop songs, with Pavement or Modest Mouse/Shins style hooks. Really good, really fun. the singer moves a lot and lifts his legs and dances. Really cool to watch. The other band "Explode Into Color" is the Willamette Week's pick for band of the year. They are a three piece female band that sounds like MIA meets old skool Butthole Surfers, and rocks out with reggae/!!! style sense-ability. The lead singer is the only guitarist, the other two girls play drums. One standing up. They were totally awesome. I looked for video footage on youtube.com but nothing did them justice. Not even close. I was really re-juevenated to play music again, but alas I have no one to play with. Maybe someday. The really interesting thing was that both bands used effects machines, and neither had a bass player. Totally crazy. Hideous Kids. I started to have dreams of playing music again with Mike and Sam. Making music again.....

1 comment:

  1. Kool! I know, I feel like we've only scratched the surface of HK possibilities. BBB '09 was a great way to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete