Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 5 (cont.)

WEll....some more snow came down this morning. It was pretty.

I tried not to dwell on quitting my job, but it was pretty hard not to, cuz I had to go get my green check (last check). It made me dread the fact that I swore I would not quit my next job and leave on bad terms, which is pretty much what I did. So...l am filled with some remorse and worry. Especially in these turbulent times. Although my plan is to remove myself completely from the service industry and focus on a tutoring career, which is pretty important in an early teaching career. I have a lead with a middle school through a school acquaintance, and not too long ago I saw a really good job offer for high school algebra at $20 bucks an hour after school. The big bucks. What I'm really hoping for is a tutoring job at PCC, in the learning center. I hope so. I guess we'll see. I need to make an education oriented resume. Resume are so awful. My last was so good thanks to a friend, but ultimately futile, cuz I ended up getting a job through a friend. Such is life.

Today a good friend helped me with some computer problems, which was really great. And another good friend is selling me some of his glass tomorrow for Christmas presents. What good friends I have. What a blessing. I hope I am as giving as a friend. I try to be. I fear that some of my friends are growing impatient with me as a friend. I hope they know that I am trying to be a better person. I really am this time. I swear. So help me god..........

I am getting really close to my first week of sobriety. I will have to bake myself some biscuits or something special. My record player is working out great in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment