Saturday, June 21, 2008

The smoothest smooth.....the 1st Superstar of Reggae, Desmond Dekker!!!!!!


Lately I've been listening to a lot of music in genres I used to hate on. Like an evil hater. Such as reggae or ska, the kind of music that people are usually hot or cold on. It wasn't very punk rock to like either of these, at points. Yet, at points, both were intricately related. Anyways.....my recommendation is that you check out Desmond Dekker. Who is a genius.
This is him looking rather metal. Which is rad. His songs are smooth like the soul artist Sam Cooke, with tinges of early ska/reggae/rock-steady. Kinda similar-ish to the Specials.
The album I have by him that I adore is called, "This is Crucial Reggae" I wish I could put a link here for you to download it. Maybe I will get that to work. Let me see. It would help make this website worth a DAMN! CLick BELOW! I think I did it! Someone, Anyone, Let me know if you were able to download this whole album, easily . Or not. so easily.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9f2529d2fcacef30d5a101cf914073b44a1fd23306b74ac7

1 comment:

  1. Yay! He is super genius - I have an awesome double disc retro 'You Can Get It If You Really Want'. Go through kicks of just listening to it over and over. Now I need to go put it on, thx :)

    ReplyDelete