Saturday, June 28, 2008

My New Job: Laughing Planet Kitchen @ Mississippi NE PDX

SO, I was lucky enough to FINALLY score a new job that I like, thanks in large part to my friend Rob's lovely wife Jill. I work in the kitchen of the Mississippi "Laughing Planet." So far so good. It's part time and early in the morning, both though are pluses for me for the summer. I am also in summer school Tuesdays and Thursdays all day. Continuing my Education pre-requisites to someday be some kind of teacher, elementary or secondary mathematics. I really like the idea of math, I just kinda hate the thought of middle school students. We'll see. For now, I am focused on learning this new job and get some good kitchen experience in. I really don't have that much prep cool experience, so I am learning a lot. I am trying really hard and I hope my evaluation after thirty days is positive. A large part of me thinks I'm just paranoid becuz some of my last most recent bosses have been so strict. We'll see. Either way I will continue to try my damnest. It's a pretty damn fun job actually. And its nice having a job where I don't put up with the public. It's definitely been a while, even though I think my people skills are rather good, customer service in the service industry can be a real BITCH!
Here's a link for you to check out what a whacky environmental company they are:
http://www.laughingplanetcafe.com/
Seriously though, the company is very good. I like them a lot. The food is good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment