Saturday, June 21, 2008

Never Mind the Buzzcocks!


So the other day I watched this British music trivia gameshow called "Never Mind the Buzzcocks," literally ALL DAY! It was disturbing, but so damn entertaining. It think it is basically the perfect blend of music geekdom trivia, gameshow and talk show element. If you've never seen a British game show, let me tell you, they are different. The game part of the show itself is almsot just an excuse. Sometimes the introduction can be the most important part of the whole show. As opposed to say Jeopardy where each contestant says one idiotic fact about themselves like, "I once ran a 5K race, in a chicken suit." Or something. I know that's not funny. But, my point being that gameshows in England are definitely more like talk shows. Well, this coupled with music and amazingly hilariously mean host, Simon Amstell and you've got THE GREATEST SHOW EVER!!! I'm serious. Watch it. All day if you are lame, like me. Or just a music total dork. This is Part 1 of 3 (youtube generally divides one show into 3 parts) with the guy from the Mighty Boush. He eventually ended up being a main guest for one of the teams. And he's HILARIOUS! The British rule. They really do. We all make fun of them, but they are better than us. With bad teeth and food. Would ya care for an eel pie luv?

No comments:

Post a Comment